April 13, 2013

Day before yesterday, Cameron and I took a trip to two nurseries after school.  At the first one, Evergreen, I picked up one of the romantica hybrid tea roses that was on my list, Pink Traviata.  At the second nursery, Gazebo Gardens, I got Classic Woman romantica, Michelangelo romantica, Yves Piaget romantica, Eden romantica climber, and Bishop's Castle DA.

Yesterday, I picked up some bags of soil/compost mix as well as some mulch.  Today, I planted two of the roses and moved one already in the garden to a new location (after removing three Wheeler's Dwarfs, I had available garden space).

Several roses have been blooming over the past few days, but I haven't had a chance to take photos or write about them.  This evening, I cut a few flowers (3 Belinda's Dream, 2 Sophie's Rose, 1 The Alnwick Rose) and put them in vases.  I'll take pictures tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow, I plan on planting Eden and Yves Piaget.

As of today, I am the proud owner of 32 roses!