April 2, 2013

Today, my mom and I went to one of my favorite local nurseries, Evergreen, to buy some plants.  We are both craving some more color in our respective gardens.  Right now, I've got three Azaleas (two different shades of bright pink and a white) that are in full bloom, as well as some lavender Lantana around the pool, and a couple of Irises.  None of the roses have bloomed but I see a couple that could open up any day now.

I got three 6-packs, one each of Super Elfin Blue Pearl (pinkish lavender), Super Elfin Pink (cool pink) and Impreza White (pure white) Impatiens.

Image of 'impatiens walleriana super elfin xp blue pearl super elfin xp series'
Super Elfin Blue Pearl Impatiens*
Super Elfin Pink Impatiens*
Impreza White Impatiens*


I also picked up two 6-packs of Chaubaud's Mix Carnations (perennials) and two 6-packs of Sonata Mix Cosmos (annuals) two 6-packs of Double Cascade Mix Petunias, and one 4" Fantasia Raspberry Twizzle Zonal Geranium. 

  • I interspersed the Carnations throughout the sunny areas of the front and back gardens.  I'll take photos once they're in bloom.

  • So far, I've only planted three of the Cosmos in the back garden near the pool.

  • The Geranium went in front of the Crape Myrtle tree in the back garden.

  • I planted the Petunias in a row spaced about 6 inches apart in the front flower bed to the right of the garage (in front of Wise Portia, Julia Child, and Mary Rose).

  • I haven't planted the Impatiens yet. 

Carnation-Chabaud-mix.jpg
Chaubaud's Mix Carnations*

Sonata Mix Cosmos*

Double Cascade Petunias*
Raspberry Twizzle Geranium
*Stock photos (not my actual plants)