April 24, 2012 - Michelangelo romantica

Although yellow roses aren't my favorite (only 3 of my 30+ roses are yellow), I do enjoy their bright and cheerful color.  When I look at them, they give me a different feeling than my pink roses.  And I think they would have a better effect grouped together. 
 
In the winter, I think I'm going to move my yellow roses (Julia Child, Golden Celebration and Michelangelo) to the flower bed on the south side of the garage and make it a "yellow and blue/purple" garden by adding blue and purple perennials.  This means, I will need to find new homes for my Sophy's Rose, Kimberlina and Winsome.  But that's fine with me.  You don't find what truly works unless you try things out.   I feel that if a rose doesn't work in a particular location, move it until you find a spot you love it in. 
 
I think Sophy's Rose will look fabulous in Golden Celebration's current location (back west garden between both Mary Roses).  Mary Rose is a light/medium pink so a deep pinkish red should fit in nicely.  Kimberlina could go in Michelangelo's location on the west side of pool. 
 
 
 Michelangelo romantica


I got my inspiration from this gorgeous garden.  I even have that same trellis in my front garden.